I get really into the holidays. I don't know why - maybe because I was an elementary school teacher.
I didn't think it would be fair to make you choose just one answer on this poll since I couldn't myself so vote for as many as you like. I could tell you reasons I love just about all of these holidays but I will limit myself to two.
My first vote would be for Christmas for the following reasons:
1. Jesus was born at Christmas. The greatest gift ever.
2. I love the story of Mary and Joseph. I remember being pregnant with Jeremiah and hearing this story again - it had totally new meaning to me.
3. Family - I LOVE getting together with family and we get to see pretty much everyone at Christmas. It is even more fun now with the kids. More about this when we get closer to Christmas.
4. The movies - "A Christmas Story" and "Elf" rank right up there.
5. The music - my favorites are "O Holy Night" and "Sleigh Ride."
6. The food - too many to list :)
I'll write more about Christmas as we get closer - I think that is enough for now.
My second vote would be for St. Patrick's Day because:
1. I am Irish and proud of it!
2. My mom always made a big deal about it when we were growing up and I loved that. Irish stew, green jello, green kool-aid - it was so fun!
3. Not very many people get really into St. Patrick's Day so it was fun to be the teacher (and now the mom) who goes all out for this holiday.
So what's your favorite?